No two marriages are the same, and every divorce is also different. Those in which there are no children, and no complex property issues, require only the signing of papers. Those that are more complex require greater legal knowledge and experience. For years, the lawyers at GILBERT & FUREY in Lake Jackson, Texas, have been using our skills in the service of people looking to start a new life.
Our firm assists with the full range of divorce and divorce-related problems.
- Complex divorce: Those involving difficult custody or support issues, or substantial assets
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- Child custody and visitation issues: Involving relocation and interstate issues
- Child support: Including departures from guidelines
- Property division: We have the analytical skills to craft fair divisions that preserve the things most important to you.
- Spousal support/alimony
- Modifications to decrees and court orders
- Enforcement of decrees: Including contempt proceedings and termination of parental rights
- Divorce mediation: Often involving uncontested divorces
Many of our clients have special needs that need to be accommodated in divorce orders such as a nurse, doctor or firefighter needing more flexible custody or visitation schedules. Our attorneys have been leaders in structuring creative parenting plans for mothers, shift workers at petrochemical plants and refineries, and more.
Divorce is hard, but a capable and experienced lawyer will get you through the process whole and ready to begin anew.
We’re at GILBERT & FUREY, just a block from the courthouse. Contact us at 979-297-1222, toll free 888-849-5741. Our Lake Jackson divorce lawyers want to hear your story, and to help.